Early in 1957, upon hearing that the Wolf Academy was for sale, local attorney Elias W. Spengler called a meeting of interested citizens to consider its purchase from the Berlin family. On Feb. 19, 1958, 103 individuals and organizations incorporated with the purpose of "acquisition, renovation, restoration, furnishing, and maintenance, as a historic site, of the old academy, commonly known as the "Wolf Academy" situated in East Allen Township". The articles named 13 directors and assets of $1,000 for the Wolf Academy Restoration Society and the Bath Historical Society. In September 1979, the two groups merged and became the "Governor Wolf Historical Society"
In the ensuing years the site has grown with the acquisition of 4 additional contiguous parcels. In 1981, the GWHS purchased the Ralston-McKeen House. The Monocacy School was acquired from the Northampton School District in 1994. The land behind the Ralston-McKeen House and Wolf Academy was purchased in 1999. Completing our site was the purchase, in 2011, of the field to the south of the buildings which serves as overflow parking for all our events...(read more)