The museum, housed in the Monocacy School on the campus, holds an interesting display of found artifacts from the Wolf Academy Historic Site, and also, early hand forged tools crafted in the area, school books from the 1800's and a small section of an early school room. An antique toy collection bequeathed to the society from the late John Meixell fills two cases.
Revolving displays of textiles, tools, farming, early lighting, of the Pennsylvania Germans and Scots-Irish who settled the area, help tell our story. We are concentrating on Pennsylvania’s 7th Governor, George Wolf, the 1800's and the public education he fought to provide to everyone in the Commonwealth. Wolf's work to expand railroads, the canal system, the printing industry, improve mining conditions and move the state forward will be highlighted in coming additions to the exhibits. All of this began on our campus with his education here in the 1785 Wolf Academy.
The new redesign of the museum features new cases, exhibits, and interactive displays. We will tell the story of Governor George Wolf, early education, and the local Scots-Irish and German inhabitants of the local area.